Our corporate workshops are mostly delivered as half-day sessions, always with your interests at heart. Your budget, your business, and the availability of your staff are all crucial to successful learning. Here are the components we feel are necessary for students in the age of mobile technology:
In-House builds credibility: When you host an in-house workshop you ensure heightened acceptance and implementation. Your staff simultaneously hear and understand the terms and solutions, helping the message quickly become part of the culture. When senior managers or team leaders attend all or part of a session, their presence helps reinforce the legitimacy of the teaching and substantially increases the levels of confidence and commitment among staff.
Prime time pays off: Our clients have found the optimum set-up for effective learning to be a half-day session held in the morning. This offers several benefits:
- Class is held in the morning, when most people are at their most attentive and alert.
- Three hours is an ideal amount to maximize learning duration without information overload or boredom setting in.
- Students are generally more relaxed and accepting of the learning model knowing that a whole day’s work is not being “lost,” and that they can get back to the day’s priorities after lunch
- Our open-access wireless policy allows students to use their devices for learning and for staying in touch – this is an essential factor of productivity success in the mobile age.
For organizations with many staff members to teach, two sessions can be held in one day: 9:00-12:00 and and 1:00-4:00. Afternoon sessions are structured slightly differently to compensate for the “afternoon effect.”
The content and learning objectives are determined and supported by the following procedure:
- Pre-session benchmarking interview with stakeholders
- Confidential pre-session questionnaire for each participant
- Creation of custom curriculum and presentation for stakeholder approval
- Delivery of session using the most up-to-date adult learning techniques
- Follow up: Every student receives one full year of personalized follow-up
- Post session ROI follow-up with stakeholders
As adult educators, our goal is the same as yours: to deliver relevant, practical skills to your workforce: skills that demonstrate an immediate and tangible benefit to your operations. This poses the challenge of how many topics to deliver in any given teaching session.
Ideally, we propose a “half-hour per topic” model, which allows sufficient time for introduction, discussion, and most importantly, practical exercise around a topic. This generally allows a group to take on 5 new skills per half-day session.
We are focused on providing optimum education for your staff, and we have over 20 years’ experience in doing just that. This is why 85% of our clients are repeat and referral, because they know quality teaching.